The American Association of Zoo Veterinarians (AAZV), the European Association of Zoo and Wildlife Veterinarians (EAZWV), and the Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research (IZW) are seeking proposals from veterinary and other related professionals who would like to present at the 2018 AAZV/EAZWV/IZW joint conference, October 6-12, 2018 in Prague, Czech Republic.
AAZV, EAZWV, and IZW announce an open call for papers. Submissions on all topics related to zoo and wildlife medicine are welcome. The Scientific Program Committee (SPC) is particularly interested in submissions on the following subjects:
- AZA/EAZA Programs Veterinary advisors updates
- Zoo Animal Welfare
- Natural disaster management
- Ethics and zoo animal veterinary practice
Note that submissions regarding the management of single cases will be considered for acceptance only if they provide substantive clinical, pathological, or research information, such as the use novel therapeutics or diagnostics.
- Open Call begins 5 February, 2018. Submission deadline is 2 April, 2018.
- Submissions must be properly formatted and MUST adhere to the conference formatting guidelines found at http://www.aazv.org/?page=2018AbstractGuide
- If a poster or abstract has been presented elsewhere, previously published, or is submitted/in press elsewhere, the author must provide a "reprinted with permission” statement from the other organization. Full manuscripts that have been previously published elsewhere are not acceptable.
- All presenters must register for the conference.
- The primary/submitting author will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the submission. It is the responsibility of the primary author to contact co-authors of this confirmation.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you can submit, but a maximum of two oral presentations will be accepted per individual.
- All veterinary students, veterinarians completing post-graduate training programs and graduate students are encouraged to consult the AAZV website for potential awards and available competitions: http://www.aazv.org/?page=891.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2018
The SPC requires the submission of full abstracts in lieu of title summaries. Please note the following information:
- For abstract submission go to https://www.bayceer.uni-bayreuth.de/zoovet2018/en/top/bayconf/index.php
- Authors wishing to submit full papers for the conference proceedings will be asked to do so after the abstract has been selected for inclusion in the conference scientific program.
- Authors will be allowed the opportunity to provide minor revisions to their abstracts after they have been selected for inclusion in the conference scientific program.
- Authors wishing to pursue publication in peer-reviewed journals are advised to limit their abstract to less than 250 words to avoid potential conflicts with later publication.
Evaluation Procedures and Deadlines
- The Scientific Program Committee and the session chairpersons will review all submissions and make selections for inclusion in the conference program.
- Proposals constituting sales pitches for products or services will not be considered.
- Notification of accepted presentations and posters will be made by May 28, 2018.
- Accepted presenters will be expected to provide the final abstract or paper for the proceedings by June 11, 2018 and adhere to all submission guidelines.
- Complete instructions for speaker, poster, and paper presentations will be provided upon notification of acceptance.
Please direct questions regarding the conference scientific program to:
Sam Rivera at email@example.com
Hugo Fernández at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint Conference Scientific Program Committee Members
Hugo Fernández Bellon, Lic.Vet. PhD DipECZM(ZHM)
EAZWV Scientific Program Committee, Scientific Program Chair
Kristin Muehldorfer, DVM, PhD
IZW Scientific Program Committee, Scientific Program Co-Chair
Sam Rivera, DVM, MS, Dipl ABVP (avian), Dipl. ACZM, DipECZM(ZHM)
AAZV Scientific Program Committee, Scientific Program Co-Chair
Allison D. Tuttle, DVM, Diplomate ACZM
AAZV Scientific Program Committee, Committee Chair