- About Us
- Online Store
|IDM Note from Editors|
From the Editors:
A special thanks to Lauren Kao, ZooMed Support Intern (2013-14), and Alex Confer, ZooMed Support Intern (2012-13) from Lincoln Park Zoo. They were instrumental in helping the editors accumulate, format and collate all of the fact sheets. We could not have accomplished this project without their help.
We are especially grateful to the European Association of Zoo and Wildlife Veterinarians (EAZWV) for their ongoing collaboration with the American Association of Zoo Veterinarians (AAZV) both for the original formatting of the editions and ongoing sharing of information between the two organizations. While this manual was spearheaded by the AAZV’s Infectious Disease Committee, it would not have been possible without the participation and support of the following organizations, represented by numerous authors and reviewers to provide 182 current fact sheets – with 19 new sheets since the first edition:
- American Association of Wildlife Veterinarians (AAWV)
- Association of Avian Veterinarians (AAV)
- Association of Reptile and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV)
- Canadian Association of Zoo and Wildlife Veterinarians (CAZWV)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- International Association of Aquatic Animal Medicine (IAAAM)
- Mexican Association of Conservation Medicine (MACM)
- USDA/Agricultural Research Service (ARS)/National Animal Disease Center (NADC)
- USDA/Animal, Plant and Health Inspection Services (APHIS)/National Veterinary Services Laboratory (NVSL)
- United States Geological Service (USGS)
- Wildlife Disease Association (WDA)
........ and 56 universities, 58 AZA- and EAZA-accredited zoos and aquaria, as well as numerous private practitioners and institutions with distribution across the US, Canada, Mexico, Europe (Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Lithuania, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom), Asia (Israel, Thailand), India, Africa (South Africa, Tanzania), and Australia.
We really appreciate your contributions.
Kathryn C. Gamble DVM, MS, DACZM, DECZM
AAZV Infectious Disease Committee Chair
Meredith M. Clancy DVM
AAZV Infectious Disease Committee Co-Chair
At this past year’s Annual Conference, Vickie Clyde shared some special news during a business lunch.
Click HERE to read more.