Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In | Join Today
Hospital Floor
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

6/28/2015 at 6:52:06 PM GMT
Hospital Floor

So, my director doesn't like the 'sterile, medical feel' so in the treatment room (visible to the public) we used warm paint colors, colorful mobile carts and a seamless laminate medical grade flooring that looks like hardwood floor.  It has been very user friendly (easy to clean, not slippery, etc.) and looks really nice and warm.  I guess this is kinda the new thing in human hospitals in maternity wards.  We found it easily in catalogs when looking at medical flooring options.  And it rolls about 4 inches up the edge of the wall so easy to clean in the corners also.  

The outside of our building is all recycled materials (again, very colorful, yellow and green).  Our city has it's own environmentally friendly standards (very similar to LEED) so that's what we used.  

See photos.  Let me know if this doesn't work.  We're still landscaping the front to make it visitor friendly, but we've been working out of this building since Jan 2014.  

Attached Files: 
awc images.docx (1.03 MB)

6/28/2015 at 9:41:45 PM GMT
Dr. Guthrie

thank you for posting the information. I have been working with our director and a team of architects on preliminary plans for a new hospital at our zoo. Hopefully we will start fund raising within the next year. Is it possible for you to email me the floor plans or fax it to me. doggydoc2@comcast.net or 215-333-8877. I was able to open up the document but even when zooming in, it was hard to read it.

Also a few questions. What is the overall size of the building? What percentage is hospital vs quarantine space? Are you happy with the functionality of it at this point? Where you under or over budget?

thanks again
adam

Adam Denish, VMD
Elmwood Park Zoo

7/6/2015 at 1:03:28 PM GMT
Miraculously, I've got additional info for you guys!

The hardwood like laminate is from here: (we got the medical grade one)
http://www.armstrong.com/commflooringna/products/sheet

The epoxy is from here: (we got the 'key standard epoxy' product)
http://www.keyresin.com/index.html

I'll try to get a better image of the floor plans.

I'm getting more details about square footage; I'll get back to you. But I think the whole facility is about 11,000 square feet with 8,000 being the clinic/offices, etc.

I'll get more info.

A

7/6/2015 at 2:11:26 PM GMT
Floorplans
Let me know if this image helps; it shows the floor plan and the square footage of each room/space.  

Attached Files: 
AWC blueprint.pdf (440.11 KB)

7/16/2015 at 7:26:41 PM GMT
Hi Amanda - thanks for the info. But what specific name does your floor have? The link you offered still has dozens of options listed on it, for example product type, product line, that sort of thing. There are 255 medical/healthcare options on the website that you linked to.
Thanks
Lisa

7/21/2015 at 5:48:55 PM GMT
It's definitely either Oak 37356 or Maple 37351 (they look practically identical). Hope that helps.

A

7/21/2015 at 5:50:02 PM GMT
Rejuvenations Timberline.

581705 White Oak Road
Yulee, FL 32097 USA

Contact Us

Local: (904) 225-3275
Fax: (904) 225-3289
Email:Admin@AAZV.org

Connect With Us