AAZV International Committee
- Regional Representatives
- The regional representative (RR) will assist foreign members by providing a point of contact for the International Committee and the AAZV. Regional representatives will attempt to address areas of concern raised by regional members and will communicate on a regular basis with the chair of the IC. If you are experiencing a problem you’re your membership status, need information, etc, Please contact your regional representative. In addition, feel free to contact the IC chair or co-chair directly.
IC Membership is open to any current AAZV member. Current membership includes foreign AAZV members, AAZV members who perform work internationally and other AAZV members who have an interest in promoting the goals of this committee. A full list of current IC members is available.
IC members interested in receiving information about current AAZV business, conference details or other general announcements, should contact the IC chair: Anneke Moresco to have their name added to the current member list. The IC meets during the AAZV annual conference.
Foreign members from some countries do no have access to the same resources as USA members. Therefore, some members need financial assistance in order for them to travel to the annual conference. There are many ways YOU CAN HELP!
- Volunteer! Foreign members are interesting people; get to know someone from across the globe!! If you do not mind sharing your hotel room with a foreign member (at no charge to the foreign member), please email the IC chair at Anneke Moresco. There are always foreign members who need housing during the conference.
- Purchase an AAZV item! The AAZV is currently selling baseball caps with their attractive logo. The proceeds will go towards the Foreign Veterinarian/Student Fund.
- How to Apply for Funds from AAZV:
Go to International Conference Scholarship information and to see the 2012 awardees at Annual Conference
International ACZM Ultra-short Course Scholarship
Downloadable Application Form
Zoo and Wildlife Pathology Workshop International Scholarship
- TRANSLATION SERVICES
If you are in need of help translating either a manuscript for the Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine, an abstract for the AAZV Proceedings, or require other assistance with translation, please contact the IC chair Currently there is a list of IC members who have volunteered to help with translation needs.
- INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE ANNUAL REPORT
A report is generated by the IC chair immediately following the AAZV annual conference. Reports may be accessed by members here.
OUR FOREIGN MEMBERS. Visit some of our foreign members and become familiar with their work. See their photos!