Nominations for the 2010 Indianapolis Prize Now Being Accepted
The Indianapolis Prize is the world’s leading award given to an individual animal conservationist who has made significant achievements in advancing the sustainability of an animal species or group of species. The $100,000 biennial award brings the world’s attention to the cause of animal conservation and the talented, dedicated and accomplished men and women who spend their lives saving the world’s endangered species. It represents the largest individual monetary award for animal conservation in the world and is given as an unrestricted gift to the chosen recipient.
The 2008 winner of the Indianapolis Prize is George Schaller Ph.D., senior conservationist for the Wildlife Conservation Society and Vice President of the Panthera Foundation. The previous winner was Dr. George Archibald of the International Crane Foundation.
The Indianapolis Prize was initiated in 2004 by the Indianapolis Zoo as a significant component of its mission to inspire local and global communities to celebrate, protect and preserve our natural world through conservation, education and research. Eli Lilly & Company provided funding for the 2006 and 2008 Indianapolis Prize.
For instructions on how to nominate someone for the 2010 Indianapolis Prize, please send an email to email@example.com. The nominating process has been simplified for the 2010 Indianapolis Prize.
• Completed nominations will be accepted between June 1, 2008 and November 30, 2008 only.
• Any individual may nominate a candidate for the Indianapolis Prize.
• To be accepted as Nominees, individuals must have accomplished a personal achievement or series of achievements that have resulted in a demonstrable positive impact on an animal species or group of species that is likely to improve the species’ likelihood of long-term sustainability.
• Nominees may not be employees, Board Members, or volunteer staff of the Indianapolis Zoo. Immediate family members of the Nominating Committee, Jury, Indianapolis Zoo employees, Board Members, and volunteer staff are also ineligible.
• The recipient of the 2010 Indianapolis Prize will receive a $100,000 unrestricted personal cash award
For more information regarding the Indianapolis Prize, go to www.indianapoliszoo.com/content.aspx?cid=788