2011 Call for Abstracts
The American Association of Zoo Veterinarians invites all persons interested in presenting current, relevant, and exciting information regarding zoo veterinary medicine to submit abstract titles to be considered for presentation at the American Association of Zoo Veterinarians Annual Conference to be held in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. Veterinarians are encouraged to share their experiences and expertise. See the proposed sessions and session chairs on the AAZV website.
American Association of Zoo Veterinarians Annual Conference
October 23-28th, 2011
Westin Crown Center
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
*** AAZV Conference is using an online Abstract Collection process. You will create yourself an account, then proceed to submit your abstract. Click here to begin submitting your Abstract. ***
Please submit a separate form for each title submission to be considered; however a maximum of 2 papers or posters will be accepted for a single presenter.
Presenters that are selected are expected to provide a paper or abstract for the proceedings and should adhere to all submission deadlines. (Abstracts of 250 words or less published in the proceedings will not preclude publication in JZWM).
All presenters are expected to register for the conference
The primary/submitting author will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the abstract. Please notify your co-authors that the confirmation was received.
Evaluation Procedures and Deadlines
- All abstract titles must be received by session chairs by February 27th, 2011.
- All submittals are reviewed by the session chairperson, the conference program committee and the program chairperson. Abstracts are approved for inclusion in the conference program by the Session chair in conjunction with the Program chairperson.
- Proposals constituting sales pitches for products or services will not be considered.
- Announcements of selected papers will be made on or near March 15, 2011
- Speakers selected for the regular agenda or poster session are required to submit an abstract or full paper for the conference proceedings and CD. In order to be published in the proceedings and CD, a final paper must be submitted to the session chair by April 15, 2011. After the review and final editing process, final papers will be due to the program chair by May 20th, 2011.
- Complete instructions for speaker and paper presentation will be provided upon notification of a title’s acceptance.
All AAZV conference program and logistics questions should be directed to either Kirk Suedmeyer, DVM, Dipl. ACZM, Program Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org, or WKSAHC@juno.org, or (816) 513-4669; or Rob Hilsenroth, DVM, executive Director, AAZV at AAZVORG@aol.com, or (904) 225-3275. Questions or concerns about your specific session should be directed to your session chairman.