2012 AAZV Call for Papers
The American Association of Zoo Veterinarians invites all persons interested in presenting current, relevant, and exciting information regarding zoo veterinary medicine to submit titles to be considered for presentation at the American Association of Zoo Veterinarians Annual Conference to be held in Oakland, California, USA. Veterinarians are encouraged to share their experiences and expertise. For Scientific sessions and session chairs click here.
American Association of Zoo Veterinarians Annual Conference
October 20-26th, 2012
Oakland, California, USA
Title Submission Guidelines
- Titles should be submitted on-line at: http://precis2.preciscentral.com/Link.aspx?ID=1EF46198AFFEDD57
- All submissions must be made by March 10th, 2012
- All presenters are expected to register for the conference
- The primary/submitting author will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the title submission. Please notify your co-authors that the confirmation was received.
- There is no limit to the number of titles that may be submitted, however, a maximum of 2 papers will be accepted for oral presentation from a single presenter.
Important Changes for 2012
- Submissions will be accepted concurrently for posters and oral presentations. All submitters will be asked to denote whether they prefer to present the topic as a poster, oral presentation, or either.
- All veterinary students and veterinarians completing post-graduate training programs are invited to submit titles for the “Future of Our Profession” session, which will encompass the Morris Animal Foundation Post-graduate Competition and Wildlife Pharmaceuticals Veterinary Student Competition. Additional details may be found by clicking here (http://www.aazv.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=200) or on the AAZV website.
Evaluation Procedures and Deadlines
- The AAZV Scientific Program Committee and the session chairpersons will review all submissions and make selections for inclusion in the conference program.
- Proposals constituting sales pitches for products or services will not be considered.
- Announcements of accepted presentations and posters will be made by March 24th, 2012.
- Accepted presenters will be expected to provide a full paper or abstract for the proceedings by April 27th, 2012 and adhere to all submission guidelines. Abstracts of 250 words or less that are published in the proceedings will generally not preclude publication in most scientific journals (including JZWM).
- Complete instructions for speaker and paper presentation will be provided upon notification of a title’s acceptance.
Please direct questions regarding the conference scientific program to Dr. Mike Adkesson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-688-8503.
AAZV Scientific Program Committee:
Nadine Lamberski, DVM, Dipl. ACZM, Committee Chair
Michael Adkesson, DVM, Dipl. ACZM
Deena Brenner, DVM, Dipl. ACZM
Jessica Siegal-Willott, DVM, Dipl. ACZM
Paul Calle, VMD, Dipl. ACZM, AAZV President-elect
Doug Armstrong, DVM, AAZV Vice-President
Rob Hilsenroth, DVM, AAZV Executive Director