Research Grant Committee Information
The Research Grant Committee structure is composed of a Chairperson, a Vice Chairperson and six additional individuals. The committee also utilizes an ad hoc group of subject matter experts from a wide diversity of scientific backgrounds.
Duties of the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Ensure adequate communication with AAZV executive board and the membership
- Create and distribute mid-year and annual reports
- Create and distribute appropriate announcements to the membership regarding grant proposals
- Ensure the website has current information regarding committee membership and the grant application process
- In conjunction with the AAZV staff, ensure timely and thorough communication with all grant principal investigators
Timeline of Committee Duties:
||Announcement of grant funding availability and call for proposals from membership.
||All proposal applications due for submission to AAZV via website.
||All proposals forwarded to committee members and ad hoc members as needed.
||All evaluations completed and scored. Committee meeting via conference call to discuss grants and finalize approvals.
||Grant proposal funding results shared with and approved by AAZV executive board as part of mid-year meeting.
||Chairperson communicates results to all Principal Investigators. Work with Executive Director to facilitate funding process.
|May – Oct.
||Post names of grant awardees on AAZV website. Announce grant awards at annual conference.
Annual Report 2016
Midyear Report 2016
Annual Report 2015
Policy and Procedures
Midyear Report 2015
Annual Report 2014
Midyear Report 2014
Annual Report 2013
Midyear Report 2012