Research Grant Committee Information
The Research Grant Committee structure is composed of a Chairperson, a Vice Chairperson and six additional individuals. The committee also utilizes an ad hoc group of subject matter experts from a wide diversity of scientific backgrounds.
Duties of the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Ensure adequate communication with AAZV executive board and the membership
- Create and distribute mid-year and annual reports
- Create and distribute appropriate announcements to the membership regarding grant proposals
- Ensure the website has current information regarding committee membership and the grant application process
- In conjunction with the AAZV staff, ensure timely and thorough communication with all grant principal investigators
Timeline of Committee Duties:
||Announcement of grant funding availability and call for proposals from membership.
||All proposal applications due for submission to AAZV via Admin@AAZV.org.
||All proposals forwarded to committee members and ad hoc members as needed.
||All evaluations completed and scored. Committee meeting via conference call to discuss grants and finalize approvals.
||Grant proposal funding results shared with and approved by AAZV executive board as part of mid-year meeting.
||Chairperson communicates results to all Principal Investigators. Work with Executive Director to facilitate funding process.
|May – Oct.
||Post names of grant awardees on AAZV website. Announce grant awards at annual conference.