Call for Volunteers: Crisis Management Working Group
Regardless of how much contingency planning a facility has done, there is no way to be truly prepared for the aftermath of a crisis and its effect on staff and the facility as a whole.The immediate response to incidents is often discussed, and we know recovery begins on day one; but what does that look like in the short term for facilities where staff members, still trying to process a critical incident, may also be trying to navigate mountains of paperwork, new security issues, social media fallout, and more? How can this community help one another navigate through the most difficult times?
The ZAHP Fusion Center is actively looking for volunteers to participate in a working group to discuss how our community can better support one another in times of crisis, and assist with development of resources.
This group will :
- Discuss what type of support we can/should be able to offer to institutions in times of crisis.This may include:
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- PR & Social Media Strategies
- Incident Command Support
- Security evaluations/enhancement
- Compliance and legal support
- Assistance with After Action Reports/Revising plans to incorporate lessons learned
- Identify key resources and develop quick guides that can be used in various types of incidents.
- Begin planning and developing a network of institutions and individuals that would be able to offer support to institutions in crisis.
- Assist in development of a code of conduct to be signed by volunteers.
If you are interested in participating or have any questions please contact Ashley Zielinski email@example.com.