- About Us
- Online Store
|2019 AAZV Call for Abstracts|
The American Association of Zoo Veterinarians (AAZV) is seeking proposals from veterinary professionals who would like to present at the 2019 AAZV 51st Annual Conference, September 28- October 4, 2019 in St. Louis, MO, USA.
THE CALL FOR PAPERS IS NOW CLOSED.
· Animal welfare and quality of life assessment
· One health: the interface of human, animal, and environmental medicine
· Reproduction in zoo medicine
· Nutrition joint session with the Nutrition Advisory Group (NAG) with specific interest in the following:
Supplementation: supplement use and best practices relating to joint health
Obesity: management, prevalence, cause and effects
Note that submissions regarding the management of single cases will be considered for acceptance only if they provide substantive clinical, pathological, or research information, such as the use novel therapeutics or diagnostics.
· Open Call begins January 22, 2019. Submission deadline is March 3, 2019.
· Submissions must be properly formatted and MUST adhere to the conference formatting guidelines found at http://www.aazv.org/?page=2019AbstractGuide
· If a poster or abstract has been presented elsewhere, previously published, or is submitted/in press elsewhere, the author must provide a "reprinted with permission” statement from the other organization. Full manuscripts that have been previously published elsewhere are not acceptable.
· All presenters must register for the conference.
· The primary/submitting author will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the submission. It is the responsibility of the primary author to contact co-authors of this confirmation.
· There is no limit to the number of abstracts you can submit, but a maximum of two oral presentations will be accepted per individual.
· All veterinary students, veterinarians completing post-graduate training programs and graduate students are encouraged to consult the AAZV website for potential awards and available competitions:http://www.aazv.org/?page=891.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2019
· For abstract submission: https://catalyst.omnipress.com/#collection/458/submission
· Authors wishing to submit full papers for the conference proceedings will be asked to do so after the abstract has been selected for inclusion in the conference scientific program.
· Authors will be allowed the opportunity to provide minor revisions to their abstracts after they have been selected for inclusion in the conference scientific program.
· Authors wishing to pursue publication in peer-reviewed journals are advised to limit their abstract to less than 250 words to avoid potential conflicts with later publication.
Evaluation Procedures and Deadlines
· The Scientific Program Committee and the session chairpersons will review all submissions and make selections for inclusion in the conference program.
· Scoring of the abstracts is based on the following four criteria:
· Proposals constituting sales pitches for products or services will not be considered.
· Notification of accepted presentations and posters will be made by April 27, 2019.
· Accepted presenters will be expected to provide the final abstract or paper for the proceedings by May 18, 2019 and adhere to all submission guidelines.
· Complete instructions for speaker, poster, and paper presentations will be provided upon notification of acceptance.
Alicia Hahn, DVM, Dipl. ACZM, AAZV Scientific Program Committee, Scientific Program Coordinator
Kristen Phair, DVM, Dipl. ACZM, AAZV Scientific Program Committee, Chair
Sam Rivera, DVM, Dipl. ACZM, AAZV Scientific Program Committee, Co-Chair
Leigh Clayton, DVM, Dipl. ABVP, AAZV President-elect
Rob Hilsenroth, DVM, AAZV Executive Director, Admin@AAZV.org
San Diego Zoo Global has brought ZOONOOZ into a digital format, with a variety of articles that tell the stories of the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, the San Diego Zoo Institute for Conservation Research, and the amazing world of wildlife. Check out the in-depth articles about animals, plants, the medical team, and staff encounters.