AAZV Offers an Invaluable Community
Membership in the American Association of Zoo Veterinarians is by calendar year. All members receive a 1-year online subscription to the Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine. All members also receive the annual Proceedings from Annual Conference online. Dues are payable January 1st of each year. To assure timely receipt of all issues of the Journal, renewal dues must be paid no later than January 31st without penalty. You must pay your dues prior to registering for Annual Conference in order to register at the Member Rate. Only Active Members may hold office; only Active, Associate, Active and Associate Family, and Life Members may vote.
PLEASE NOTE: When you complete your application, if you elect not to use a credit card, you must click on the Check/Money Order. After you submit your application, you will be prompted to print an invoice that you can submit with your check. If you pay by credit card, your membership will be activated immediately. If you elect to pay by check, your membership will be activated when the check arrives at the office.
AAZV Membership is administered on an annual basis, running from 1 January to 31 December. Dues are not prorated. The only exception is that when a member either joins or renews dues after 15 November, she/he receives all of the member benefits for the last six weeks of the year and the entire following year.
Read through the following categories or go to Select Your Member Type
- ACTIVE - Annual dues: $273.00 An Active member must be actively engaged in the practice of zoological medicine or management on a full or part-time basis for a minimum of four (4) years and must have been an Associate Member for four (4) years. Dues with printed Journal delivered in U.S: $314. Outside U.S.: $335.
- ASSOCIATE - Annual dues: $273. Open to any veterinarian or other qualified individual approved by the Executive Committee who does not fulfill the requirements for Active Membership. Dues with printed Journal delivered in U.S: $314. Outside U.S.: $335.
- ACTIVE-Family Member - Annual dues: $206. Active Family Member is for a second member of a household who is a veterinarian or other individual qualified for Active membership. The Active Family Member in good standing shall enjoy all rights and privileges of the Association enjoyed by Active Members except that no Active Family Member shall receive a subscription to the Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine.
- ASSOCIATE-Family Member - Annual dues: $206. Associate Family Member is for a second member of a household who is a veterinarian or other qualified individual qualified for the Associate membership. The Associate Family Member in good standing shall enjoy all rights and privileges of the Association enjoyed by Associate Members except that no Associate Family Member shall receive a subscription to the Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine.
- STUDENT - Annual dues: $167. Any student in an accredited veterinary college, university, or institution. This includes veterinary medical students, interns, residents, and grad students. Veterinary technicians may also register in the student category. Dues with printed Journal delivered in U.S: $191. Outside U.S.: $206.
- RETIRED - Annual dues: $129. Open to anyone who was previously an Active member who is no longer actively engaged in the practice of zoological medicine/management on a full or part-time basis. Must have been an Active member for no less than twenty years. May not vote or hold office. Dues with printed Journal delivered in U.S: $160. Outside U.S.: $180.
- DEVELOPING NATION LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Annual dues: $7.50. A Developing Nation Limited Membership member must be a citizen of a Developing Nation and he or she must be actively engaged in veterinary medicine, or be a full time veterinary student, intern, resident or post doc., in a Developing Nation. The Wildlife Conservation Society underwrites a portion of the membership. Read more & See list of those qualifying nations. No option for printed Journal, but the online Journal is included.
Additional membership category for Life Members is available. Must be nominated by an active member. Please contact a member of the Executive Committee for details.